Joe Sparrow / Illustrator - Animator - Designer / 07758224292 / joe@joe-sparrow.com

Thursday 10 June 2010

Okay, the 201st post won't be a comic. Maybe the 202nd one. Lately I feel like I can't write about anything that's happened to me and thinking up something from scratch seems like a bit too much of an undertaking for where I'm at right now.

I held off from posting a bunch of stuff in the hope that I'd get down and right something, so here things are:

1: LONDON DEGREE SHOW


It's at the LBi, or Lost Boys International, which is a super sweet venue on Brick Lane. There will be drinks and art and general merriment, and if you're reading this it would be my honour to invite you to the private view on the 17th (next thursday, a week tonight!). The address is no. 146 on Brick Lane if you're nearby and you're lost then give me a ring on 07758 224292 and I'll try and show you in.

2. Since we only have one day or something ridiculous to hang our shit at the LBi, I went and made a mock-up of what my space will look like IN GLORIOUS 3D:


I actually learned how to do something new: see the little holes in the CGI pegboard? I made them by adding a boolean modifier to the board and subtracting a cylinder from it. I collapsed the result and then copied it a bunch of times (since my computer shudders to a halt if I try to add multiple booleans to the same object. It's kind of like a 3-dimensional mask, which is something I've wanted to do for a while.

3. I've been painting again:

No comments: