Joe Sparrow / Illustrator - Animator - Designer / 07758224292 / joe@joe-sparrow.com

Thursday 18 June 2009


Penned reworking of that comic I did awhile ago, with the intention of serialising it a bit, and experimenting with media and style just a little.

I draw characters like this because if I try to draw anything more sophisticated then it looks badly done, but they don't look that great in themselves so I'm trying to get better at drawing figures without reference, using this reasonable selection of cartooning tutorials Exit recommended me; they're really good, even if the artist's style is a little too avatar-esque for my tastes they contain great 'do's and 'don't's regarding physical types, defining gender and the ever-difficult posing.

Been doing a lot of brush pen stuff the last two days, also - I'm trying to colour it in photoshop and I'll post the results here later.

No comments: