Joe Sparrow / Illustrator - Animator - Designer / 07758224292 / joe@joe-sparrow.com

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Comic

Tried writing/drawing a comic, which I haven't done in forever, or at least since last year. Big difference here is that I've been reading too many comics like Awkward Zombie or Bee Power and I thought I'd have a go at doing the whole thing in flash. Well, it's pretty fucking time-consuming is what it is. Is it supposed to be this slow? I guess nothing I do comes out right the first time I do it, which doesn't really help. But I really need to speed up with this sort of thing.


Well, this was the quick plan i spent one panicked evening drawing. It's nothing much in terms of plot, but my excuse is that it's more of an experiment with media than with the actual writing of the thing. But I thought I'd show this preliminary stage anyway. I only really feel like writing this sort of stuff when I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure.

Anyway, after a couple of days slaving away in flash I finished the first page, so here it is.


Now, just two more to go! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: